Friday, February 28, 2014

Ghost stories as told by Dad, Part 3: "The Job Interview"

It was probably around 1965.  I was at a job interview at Carpenter and Patterson interviewing for the job of expediter.  I had talked with the manager before, and I came in and he said he wanted me to work for the company.
Just as he was saying this, I heard a male voice speak authoritatively:  "This will last but two years."
The manager was talking right along as this voice overrode him.
I looked around at him and said, "What?"
It didn't phase him.  It was as if he hadn't heard the voice.
I took the job, and had kind of forgotten about that, until there was a point when I left the company.  After thinking about the time I was with them, it came out to just about two years, and then I remembered about the voice at the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment